The Bharat Sevashram Sangha’s tryst with Hyderabad began more than seventy years ago. None other than the Sangha-Lord Acharya Swami Pranavanandaji Maharj had sent a preaching team under the leadership of Srimat Swami Advaitanandaji Maharaj & Srimat Swami Prajnananandaji Maharaj in 1934. A heart-rending incident that emotionally prompted Srimat Swami Advaitanandaji to establish a branch in Hyderabad in a later stage, was the sudden demise of the two senior monks due to natural causes who were the part of the mission.
First the Sangha’s philanthropic activities were started from a Hanuman temple premises at Domalguda where an exclusive Yoga centre is being planned to be run shortly. However, the present landmark display at Bharat Sevashram Sangha Marg (erstwhile Lower Tank Bund Road) was initially established way back in 1956.